Question

Work Order Posting Credit Invoiced Line Disabled

• 27 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9
  1. We have a work order with a material posting that was transferred to a customer order.
  2. The customer order has been invoiced.
  3. We now need to create a credit from the posting. But when I access the Transfer of Work Order Lines to Customer Order screen, and right-click on the line, the menu option Credit Invoiced Line is greyed out.

Any ideas as to why?

More information:

• Work order status = Started
  • Work order > CO Information tab > Cust Order ref = customer order to which it was transferred and invoiced
  • Posting Cost Type = Material
  • Posting Status = Transferred
  • Posting Customer Order No = customer order to which it was transferred and invoiced
  • Posting Invoice Number = customer order invoice it was included on
  • Customer Order Status = Invoice/Closed
  • Customer Order Type = SEO

we are using IFS version 9

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi Holly,

For one of my client, facing similar issue for ‘Fixed Price’ cost type line on Apps 9.

As per our investigation till now, in the backend for the line status shown is ‘Credited’ which means line has been already credited. But in the front end we don’t have new posting lines in ‘Transfer to customer order’ window. So these 2 things contradict with each other.

So was curious to know if you had got any conclusion on your investigation.

Regards,

Srinivas

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Hi @hmccabe ,

Please RMB on customer invoice and navigate to Customer Invoice Posting Analysis. If you have any error there please correct it and check again. As I have observed, credit invoice option will be disabled when we have errors in customer invoice posting analysis (even though the CO is invoiced/closed )

Thanks & Best Regards,

Nethmini

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

The CO have to be in state Invoiced/closed and the Invoice have to be in state Posted Auth, Paid Posted or Partly Paid Posted.

/Hans