Question

What is the purpose of processes tab in role screen.

Badge +4

I see this processes tab in Role screen, I want to understand the logic behind it and how are we using it.

Can we disable any Business Rule for a specific role?

11 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ERCZYADSAH 

The Process are the custom processes that you create, as an initial stage in order to create Business Rules. 
There is a screen called, Customer processes, in that screen you can create customer processes in many ways (click on NEW to see what they are). so in that custom process’s name a Business Rule will be created in the Business Rules screen. Then you can define the rule according to your requirement and have it saved and do a refresh cache full (the basic steps in creating a BR)
(But remember when you do a refresh cache full it will be applicable to all of those who access the application)

So once you create a new custom process and you need that custom process to be applicable on a set of people who have under this “ASP DISPATCHER” role, you can assign those custom process in this tab. 

That’s the purpose of this tab. 
Be mindful when you play with roles :)

Hope this helps, 
Kalpa  

Badge +4

Hi @Kalpa Perera, if I want to disable a custom process for a specific role then that can done using this tab in Role screen right?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ERCZYADSAH 

Yes, you can. 

you have the “disabled” option there in the Processes Tab. so you cab add the process and simply disable it :) 

Badge +4

Thanks @Kalpa Perera, this helps alot.

Badge +4

Hi @Kalpa Perera , I tried what you suggested but it still doesn’t disables the custom process for a specific role.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ERCZYADSAH 

Once disabled > Save > Refresh Cache Full and give it a try? 

Thanks
Kalpa

Badge +4

@Kalpa Perera , 

I did save and refresh cache full after disabling.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@ERCZYADSAH 

Does this Person you use have multiple roles assigned in the person record?

Thanks
Kalpa

Badge +4

@Kalpa Perera , 

Yes, Usually we assign multiple roles to a single person.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

@ERCZYADSAH 

That’s the issue I’m guessing. 
Cause as I mentioned earlier, you have to be mindful when you have multiple roles to the same person. You could be disabling one functionality from one role and you could be allowing that same functionality from another role unless you have specified it to be disabled. 

I’d ask you to review your roles that you have for this person and try again. 

/Kalpa

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @ERCZYADSAH 

I made a mistake, Apologies for that. 

By Disabling you CANNOT stop a BR (Custom process) from executing. 
Disabling a custom process, in a Role means that, a person with that role, having that custom process disabled, CANNOT do any MODIFICATIONS for that custom process. 

so when you disable that custom process, the BR will not stop from executing, but the person with this role cannot do any modifications for this custom process. 

Hope this helps and apologies for the mistake I made. 
Thanks

Kalpa.