Warehouses + VAN Stock Functional to system configuration fsm & pso

• 5 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Badge +6
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 17 replies

Good day,

We’re trying  to model this situation:

• Service Engineers can pick parts both from their personal van stock + directly from different warehouses
  • The VAN of a Service Engineer ever contain a safety stock
  • PSO can assign extra activities checking before the parts availability of the personal van of service engineer and only after the availability of stock in nearest warehouses

Configuration of Person

/*END OF SITUATION 1

/*START OF SITUATION 2:

Ok, now i want to check the logic for another situation:

• Service Engineers can pick parts only from their personal van
  • Van stock is refilled by different warehouses
  • The VAN of a Service Engineer ever contain a safety stock
  • PSO can assign extra activities checking before the parts availability of the personal van of service engineer and only after the availability of stock in nearest warehouses

PLUS

In this case PLACE=VAN=451

*/ END OF SITUATION 2

Questions:

1. Is the situation 1 modelled correctly ? Am I missing some configuration, or Person configuration is the only one and it’s correct like stated ?
  2. Is the situation 2 modelled correctly? Am I missing some configuration in configuration or in place ? Are my supposition correct ?

Thanks and Regards

Lorenzo

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Lorenzo,

In PSO a resource can have their own part stock, and can also collect parts from depots. If the resource has the parts they require in their own stock they will use that. If not, they can visit a depot and pick up parts from there. These will get added to their own part stock ready to be used. It’s also possible to set capacities on the resource part stock and limits on the number of parts held in each depot. I’m not sure I full understand the scenarios you are trying to model, but it sounds like both should be achievable through the use of depots. I’m not sure what support there is via FSM for this however.

Thanks,

Paul

Badge +6

Good day Paul,

You described in other word my Situation1, and it’s great!

Is my Sol.1 screenshot related to “Place for Stock” configuration correct to model the situation that you described?

Thanks and Regards

Lorenzo

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

Hi Lorenzo,

Unfortunately I’m not familiar with how parts can be configured from the FSM side. Hopefully someone who is can answer you on that one.

Thanks,

Paul

Badge +6

Anyone can support on that?