Question

Value BRs for Extension Tables

• 4 October 2021
  • 7 replies

Badge +3

I have a product table and Product extension table. i am trying to create a value BR to update the extension table based on Product table field change. My Primary table for BR is Product but i am getting “Data member specified by USER_DEF26 cannot be found.” error. 

can any one advise how to create a value BR for extension table

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @manikandan ,

Could you please send a screenshot of your business rule?

Badge +3

@Saranga Amaraweera Please find the below screen shots.

Custom Process:

Business Rule:

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @manikandan ,

Instead of adding the extension table as the output column to update, have you tried using PRODUCT.USER_DEF26 if you have already defined the relationships correctly in the custom metadata?

Badge +3

@Saranga Amaraweera The lookup provided for selecting the column name not showing user def26.

i have also tried typing the field name but its throwing below error.

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Could you send how you have defined the custom metadata relationships for ext table and product?

Badge +3

@Saranga Amaraweera 

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @manikandan ,

Usually, in a value business rule, we specify the primary table as the table name to set property and a relevant column of it in the output columns. According to your scenario, the primary table is product but the table name to set is the extension table. Hence, this should be the reason for the error that you are getting here. Is it possible for you to, make the extension table as a primary table and bind that with product table to trigger your rule to update (with a view or something, not quite sure). Otherwise, you might need to update the extension table column in a XML business rule instead of a value rule.