Question

Use of Internal Destination on Maintenance Material Requisition

• 6 June 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

Could somebody please explain the exact use of the field ‘Internal Destination ID’ on the Maintenance Material Requisition?

I have created a MMR and entered an Internal Destination ID, but when MRP runs, the Purchase Requisition has an empty Internal Destination ID. Why is it empty? Why was this information not copied?

Second question:

How is my Internal Destination connected to an inventory location(s)?

Even if the info from the “Internal Destination” was copied to my PO line, how does ‘Receiving’ know what location the parts need to go to?

In my understanding there should be a logical link between ‘Internal Destination ID’ = ‘Service’ , so when I receive the goods and put them on stock, I can only select the locations that are linked to that Internal Destination ID, correct? Does that exist?

Third Question:

Can the Internal Destination be set Default to the Maintenance Material Requisition? Maybe depending on a few other fields like Maintenance Organization or Signature?

Does that functionality exist or do you always need to specify this manually on the MMR? And even if we would need to do it manually, should it not be present on the work task itself so we don’t need to navigate to the MMR to add this info?

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi ALl,

Did anybody have any ideas on the question above?

Thanks for sharing.

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

Any news on this topic?

Best Regards

Roel