Question

Use of Additional attribute in FSM 6.9

• 9 March 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We want to use the newly introduced additional attribute feature for sending some additional attribute to PSO. While creating the addition attribute, I could see I have to choose PSO Table name and FSM Table name along with some other fields. If I choose “Activity” in PSO Table Name I am allowed to choose only “Task” or “Request” as FSM Table. We have an extension table called “TDC_TASK_EXT” of Task table in FSM. While trying to choose the table “TDC_TASK_EXT” as FSM Table, I am getting some error. Please find the attachment for more details

Can anyone knows what I am doing wrong here?

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @TDCMANIRUL,

It is not possible to use extension tables in this functionality at this time.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck 

Thanks for the reply. But could you please suggest how can we send the extension table fields to PSO as additional attributes. Please note that we run out of column in TASK table, hence created this extension table TDC_TASK_EXT for TASK table as per the suggestion from IFS. We have been sending this data through custom code in C# . But after the introduce of this new feature we want to use this to send the same to reduce the number of xml transfer from FSM to PSO.

Please advise.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @TDCMANIRUL,

What is the additional information being sent and what is its use once in PSO. The FSM-PSO system works best when FSM is used as the data master where information is viewed and PSO is the optimisation engine that is sent the information it needs to plan the tasks efficiently given the business needs. Any information on top of that will start to impact performance and so is discouraged. The new functionality will only allow 3 additional attributes for instance.

As it stands there is no way to use the new functionality to send extension table data so you would need to stick with your current solution but where possible data should be kept in FSM if it does not assist the PSO DSE in making more efficient plans.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi Lee,

We had a discussion about this with IFS today and based on that discussion, I would request to add the extension tables also in this new Additional Attribute feature in the upcoming version of FSM.

Could you please help with this request so that we can upgrade FSM and use this new feature and get rid of some of the customizations present between FSM and PSO?

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @TDCMANIRUL,

We cannot make request for change via the forums. You can add an idea via the Ideas page but this is more for improvements that are generally beneficial to all users and may go in to IFS Cloud as that is the upgrade path after FSM reaches end of life in 2026.

It would be better to make this request via your project with IFS. You have indicated that you had discussions with IFS regarding this specifically so that should be the path the request for change goes. FSM does have a declared end of life though so new functionality is being limited.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck