Solved

Unrecognized business object 'Payment'

• 9 January 2024
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi!

We’re running FSM 6.5 and recently moved our FSM installation to a new server.  Our production environment is up and working fine, but we’re having an issue with our dev environment.

In Dev, when opening any request I get the error “Unrecognized business object 'Payment'”

Dev is an exact copy of prod so I’m not sure why this is happening.  The request screen in both environments does reference the Payment table.  And the table exists in both DB’s & FSM metadata.

The only thing that I know IT did differently on the new server is they updated the web.config file so I can now select Prod or Dev from the dropdown on the login screen.  Previously I had two separate clients.  Could it be related to that?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by csanders 15 January 2024, 22:28

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @csanders 

Can you please provide more details?

Which client is this?

What version do you have now? Still 6.5?

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @csanders ,

Did the IT team change the web.config or MetrixEndPoints.xml file to point the respective environments? Can you also check whether the correct relationship is there for the request screen under the ui designer’s child relation editor?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi @csanders 

Can you please provide more details?

Which client is this?

What version do you have now? Still 6.5?

Cheers!

We are using the Smart Client.  Still version 6.5

Hi @csanders ,

Did the IT team change the web.config or MetrixEndPoints.xml file to point the respective environments? Can you also check whether the correct relationship is there for the request screen under the ui designer’s child relation editor?

I’m not sure exactly which files IT updated, but I can now select the server I want to connect to via the dropdown on the login screen.  This is something I was never able to do before.  When the Production client is installed there are no options to select the server, but when the dev client is installed I can select Prod or Dev.  The UI relationships are an exact match of our prod system which works fine.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Are there instructions for adding multiple end points to the smart client that I could pass along to IT?  I have a feeling this is where things went wrong as it’s the only thing we did differently this time.  

I just noticed we’re also getting “Unrecognized business object 'Quote'” on the Place screen as well.

Thanks

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @csanders 

Assume you have already cross checked the ui settings as mentioned above. Could you share the steps followed by IT team with regards to the web.config change? 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Unfortunately our IT team is very busy on a project at the moment making it difficult to get their attention.  I was hoping to get some info from these forums to help point them in the right direction and save them time.

Does this seem like an issue with the web.config file?  Just knowing that would be a step in the right direction.

Yes, I checked the UI settings.

Thanks!

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Just updating this in case anyone else stumbles across it looking for answers.

I was able to get IT to send me a copy of the web config files for both Prod and Dev.  I compared them using WinMerge and found a lot of lines in the Dev file that were not updated for our server.  Most of the issues were paths pointing to folders that do not exist on our server.  I’m guessing these were just the defaults after installing FSM. I updated the file to match the Prod and everything is working now.