Question

Unable to connect to SIM - no remoting string found.

• 28 July 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 14 replies

I am setting up PSO 6.9.0.16 on a brand new on prem VMs and i am getting the following error on SIM: 

Unable to connect to SIM - no remoting string found.

Interesting enough is that on the server the IFS Schedule Input Manager Event log is clean 

Connection string used : 

data source=SD01IFS-20021;initial catalog=360 HTM;user id=360HTM;password=pass1234;packet size=4096;Command Timeout=300;Connect Timeout=300;

data source=SD01IFS-20021;initial catalog=360 System Database DEV;user id=360DEV;password=pass1234;packet size=4096;Command Timeout=300;Connect Timeout=300;

Both connection strings passed the Wizzard’s validation and allowed the installer to update the database schema. 

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi,

In PSO Administration Workspace under "Applications" screen, please check whether there are values exist for the remoting string column, for each and every SIM service instance.

If not, you will need to restart the SIM service as a workaround.

Also, the remoting string handling has been improved in PSO 6.9.0.18. Upgrading to this version (or later) will fix the issue.

Best regards,
Pubudu

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

All PSO services with the exeption of PSW (which is the Scheduler Workbench) have the correct Remoting strings.

Interesting fact is that when we upgraded PSO to the same version on the existing VMs everything worked as expected. 

This is only happening when i installed PSO on the new set of VMs. Wondering if this has anything to do with the server certificates. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @dsuciu ,

The issue could be due to the PSO Installation or infrastructure.

Please refer to the following community post where @Ruchira Jayasinghe  has provided the possible root causes for a similar issue.

Thanks and best regards,

Bhanuka.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Has anyone managed to get PSO 6.9.0.23 installed on Windows Server 2019 ?

This OS comes pre-loaded with dotNET 4.7 vs dotNET 4.6 that is loaded on Windows Server 2016.