Question

Travelling from the last activity to starting position

• 2 November 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

With which entity or attribute can we set that the resource went back to the starting position from its last activity? When traveling to an activity, it is enough to change the status of the activity, but what should I send to tell the system that it has started the last trip to the starting position?

PSO Standalone

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Hi @Millsen,

Good day to you!

What you need to do is to add Start & End locations in the resource records. If both of them are the same, please add the same location. Then PSO would schedule activities in a way keeping in memory that the resource should travel to its starting location.

Hope this helps. Many thanks!

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Charith Fernando !

There are defined Starting and End locations. How can a resource start the travel from the last activity to the starting position? Because when resource is travelling to the activity, he sends status 50 - Travelling. But how does the resource confirm that he started travelling to the starting position? 

Thanks for help!

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi - If you use only travelling status, the location change is fetched by status change of next activity or shift end. 

Eg: If this is your last activity, then logging off from the shift will indicate that this travel is finished and resource is home.

If you need more real time tracking, you can send GPS fixes. Then PSO will indicate where the resource is now.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Sajith Anushan !

That’s exactly what I’ve tried and If I send GPS fix it does not work and the route to end location disappears from the Gantt. If I do not send the GPS fix, it works exactly as you said. 

Thanks For help!