Question

time reports inside work task

• 24 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Inside a task, in time reports, only those entries get inserted for which transaction date is same as Planned start date, why? I think if a technician work for 3 days, he wants to enter his time report for Day1, Day2 & Day 3, he should fill here & it should be accepted.

Also, when technician starts reporting time, the system shows me all the resources of assigned group, not only the assigned person, why?

Ex. assignment of below task is to a Resource 25COPY 

but in time reporting, it shows me all resources of assigned group--why? I expected it to auto populate the resource who is assigned to the task.

4 replies

Userlevel 7

Not sure I understand the first point. Are you saying that you cannot change the transaction date when you report time? 

The reason you can access the other resources is to allow users to report time on behalf of others e.g. a dispatcher reporting time on behalf of the engineers. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi Anmise

We can change the transaction date while filling time but it does not get inserted in time reports. see this (I selected tx date as 29 Nov)

but this does not show up when I see time reports now

Also, for resource, that means the visibility of any task is set to all resources of a res group? Only then a person X will be able to see & edit that task like filling time report for res Y.

Userlevel 7

Hi Anmise

We can change the transaction date while filling time but it does not get inserted in time reports. see this (I selected tx date as 29 Nov)

but this does not show up when I see time reports now

Also, for resource, that means the visibility of any task is set to all resources of a res group? Only then a person X will be able to see & edit that task like filling time report for res Y.

I think you can only report time in the past, which makes sense, as the future hasn’t happened yet. However, I do think there should be a message stating that. Please raise a support case for that.

I don’t understand this statement.

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Hi anmise

yes u r right, it does not accept future date which is expected. For resources, I am saying since you mentioned that any resource can fill up time for other resource, that means RES X can view & edit the task assigned to RES Y?