Solved

Task is Read-only in FSM Mobile

• 1 September 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi All,

I have a requirement that technicians will allow to click on a button/link to preform some action. 
The button is located on the Task (DebriefOverview) mobile screen, but is read-only when no person is assigned. 

Any thoughts where I can configure these settings?

Regards,​

icon

Best answer by Shneor Cheshin 2 September 2022, 01:31

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hey @drooij 

First a question - If the task has no person assigned to it, how is it available in mobile? As far as I know, usually a task would show in the mobile client only when a person is assigned to it.

Regarding your question - You can achieve this with a client script. Assign the script to your refresh screen event

Cheers!

Userlevel 2
Badge +9

Hi @Shneor Cheshin, Thank you for your response.

“If the task has no person assigned to it, how is it available in mobile?”

Yes, In baseline that’s true. But we added an extra filter and made some customizations.

“you can achieve this with a client scrip”
I added a ‘setControlEnabled’ function in the refresh script. unfortunately that doens’t do anything. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @drooij ,

If you sent the tasks to all devices (so no user means it's sent to everyone right?), be aware of performance!

On the other hand, if you made customization's, are those server side or mobile side? If those are mobile side it's hard to find an answer here as we can't look into the changes you did in the code.

If you just want to perform “any” action I would recommend not to use the baseline DebriefOverview for such a situation, but create you own screen where you perform that action. In that way you have full control instead of have to figure out the DebriefOverview features/behaviour, as that's a partly hard coded screen to my knowledge.

Cheers,
Stephan

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

@drooij 

Please share your configurations and script. Then we might further assist.

• How is the button configured?
  • Screen configurations?
  • Script?

Cheers!