Solved

Survey Restrictions using Access Griup

• 21 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

HI All,

We have setup surveys for Differenet Customers in FSM for Task Completions both in Mobile and Client(Web and Smart),however we want to have Surveys specific to customers,So we have used the access Group field on the survey table hoping it would restrict those surveys only for task with the same access Group but it is not working.Are we wrong to think that Survey access could be controlled using the access group field.If anybody knows of a seperate way please let us know

Thanks

Manish

icon

Best answer by Kasun Manuranga 25 December 2021, 04:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

And does anybody know how the reference field is to be mapped

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi @manishpandey 

As I understand your requirement, you refer “Customer” = PLACE record in FSM ?

I guess you are thinking of showing different surveys, based on the place id connected on the task (??). 

Ex: Task 1 → Place 1 → Survey 1

Task 2 → Place 2 → Survey 2

Basically binding survey to Place rec?? If so, I do not think, the way you think would work.

Access group functionality is bit different. It is used in segregating data to FSM end users (= PERSON in FSM who would login using Mobile/web/smart clients). In other words, FSM end users would have access to the data that in connected to their access group.

/Sanjeewa

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello @manishpandey

I don't think that the Access Group function can use here nor the best method to try.

So you may try the following and hopefully it should work.

1. Setup different Global names for each customer that you want to separate in the Survey.

1. Next use the Global name against the Reference field in the Survey.

1. Note that I have setup different Global names for few selected Surveys.

1. Then I create a Task for my place where the Reference Aero is setup.
  2. Next check for the Surveys available.

Results:

It will bring me just the one I need that is Survey “CC Customer Sat” which the Global code Aero is setup.

Hopefully you can try this to assign different Surveys for individual Customers :)

Best Regards,

Kasun