Solved

Signature is not printed in Service Report

• 11 July 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi all,

we have custom client-report (rdlc) which contains signature (format jpg) in it.

On DEV, ACC, TEST, the printed report has signature on it.

e.g. 

On PROD the signature cannot be shown in the report.

The Code-Table Cust App Params (SAS TOKEN) exists in all environments.  

Any idea why PROD cannot print the signature?

~Juni

icon

Best answer by roklde 11 July 2022, 17:13

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Juni ;)

Did you compare the custom report definition from PRD with other environments? Maybe the URL to the Attachment Storage is build incorrect? Further, make sure that the SAS token of PROD is still valid and that the IP (if it is IP restricted) from where you running the Report is within the whitelisted IP range.

Cheers,

Roman

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Roman,

nice to hear from you!!!

You mentioned about IP restricted, where can I checked it?

The signature is stored in database, and for the report is taken from there.  The signature can be viewed from (task)attachment.

The SAS Token shows 2021-06-24T11:56:30Z&se=2023-06-24T19:56:30Z. 

I assume it’s valid until 2023-06024, isn’t it?

Look forward to further enlightenment from you. :-)

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Yeah, it’s nice to hear from you as well! ;)

If there is a IP restriction on the SAS token, then you would also see it from the token itself, e.g.

sp=racwdl&st=2021-06-01T09:01:18Z&se=2021-07-31T09:01:18Z&sip=146.xxx.xxx.xxx

...and yes, I assume the expiry date is 2023-06-24 for your token.

However, if you say that you fetch the Signature from the Database the SAS token isn’t used anyways - only if you are fetching the images directly from the Azure Storage. Thus, the reference on the custom report shouldn’t link to the Storage but rather to the DB entry.

As said, reviewing the reports definition might be helpful to identify the issue.

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Sorry for the confusion.   The image is stored in azure.  Info about path is stored in database.  

The SAS TOKEN is needed.  

I checked the SAS TOKEN, there is no entry like &sip=146.xxx.xxx.xxx

Report definition should be the same, as the same report is uploaded to all environments.

Any other way to debug the issue?

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Are you able to open the image in your browser by copying the file path and adding the SAS token to the end of the file path?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Good suggestion to test it like your suggestion.  I haven’t tried it, as don’t know it. 

On DEV I could get the image.

It seems the SAS TOKEN on PROD is not valid.  I got this error:

<Error>

<Code>AuthenticationFailed</Code>

<Message>Server failed to authenticate the request. Make sure the value of Authorization header is formed correctly including the signature. ….</Message>

<AuthenticationErrorDetail>Signature did not match. String to sign used was…...</AuthenticationErrorDetail>

</Error>

I will request new SAS TOKEN for PROD.

Thanks Roman for your answers and input!  Much appreciated!

Cheers,

~Juni