Question

Service visit report comes in Landscape instead of portrait

• 6 September 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +2

Hi Team,

We are currently using FSM Update 25 and we have noticed that the service visit history report comes in Landscape format instead of portrait can anyone confirm if this is FSM new feature.

Thanks,

Vikrant Singh.

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

We’ve had the same issues since U23, even when attempting to adjust the layout via the print prompt it reverts before printing, this sporadically impacts about half of our reports. Would love to know the answer as well!

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Vikrant,

we are facing the same issue after Update from U23 to U25. I noticed that there is a ticket raised for another customer in the Support portal, who reported the same problem in U25. Support is currently investigating. I can provide an update here as soon as I have it.

Best regards
Roman

Badge +2

Hi, we are also affected by this problem since U25. Please kindly keep us up-to-date if you find the way around that.

Cheers,

Lukasz

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Dear all,

we didn’t face the issue in 6u23 but now face it after the upgrade to 6u25.
Any updates so far? Did you guys create service desk tickets already and is there a solution / fix version available?

KR Thomas

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi @Thomas Widmoser !

We received a Hotfix for U25 via Case CS0169321 / INC0627305 which solved it. I checked the U26 Release Notes and somehow this fix isn’t mentioned under the corrections. I suggest raising a case and either requesting the above mentioned Hotfix or ask if this is fixed in U26 and go for a update.

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Just info, apparently this fix is not in U26 yet.

We just updated to U26, and now are facing this issue.

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hello @JuniSihombing

we have received information in the Service Desk ticket CS0181026 that the problem should be fixed in 6u26. To confirm, the Service Desk has also attached a screenshot of the correct report layout. 

If you still have the problem, you can create another ticket and quote our case number CS0181026?!

btw - we haven’t upgraded yet to 6u26 and therefore couldn’t check by ourselves. 

KR Thomas

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Thank you for the information @Thomas Widmoser .

I have opened a ticket for our issue (CS0186770).  JIRA Issue Key FSMZ-4781 is listed for this case.

Cheers,

~Juni

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Just to share the update regarding client report issue we experienced.

Here is the update from R&D:

Aforementioned fix for the reported issue has been included in the FSM6 UPD 26. Fix has been made under the case *FSMZ-4622: INC0614092-Label not printed correctly in U25*.

Fix was made to support 2016 report definition on getting the width of the report on rendering the report.

Logic has been designed to set the page orientation to Landscape if the report does NOT have a width specified (0mm) or width exceeds 210mm.

So, make sure that the width of the custom report is set to a non-zero value which is less than 210mm, to set the page orientation to portrait.

The client reports we have are the custom ones.

The paper size was Letter (215.9 x 279.4 mm).

We adjusted the size to A4 (210 x 297 mm) to fix the issue.