Question

"Service Contract SLA" Vs "Support Agreement/Support Key"

• 26 January 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi All,

How does the Service Contract SLA and the Support Agreement/Support Key work in relation to each other?

Suppose I have a Customer A that has a Support Agreement + a Support key that specifies certain response times as explained in IFS help:

Additionally the same customer A also has a Service Contract with me where i will define a SLA for different Work Types with Primary and Secondary Criteria and an SLA Template. This will also define certain response times in accordance with the explanation on IFS help.

So I have some questions on this:

• How do these 2 systems interact? Can they get in conflict with each other?
  • When do I use a Service Contract SLA and when do I use a support agreement? or do I use both simultaneously?
  • What are the pro and con’s of each option?

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

1 reply

Userlevel 7

They don’t interact. The Support Contract Response times relate to the case entities, and the SLAs for Service Contracts stipulate the response/resolution times for work tasks. It means that they don’t have to align, and that you could schedule work outside of the call center SLA, if you haven’t taken that into account in the SLA setup. Using SLA templates for work tasks is optional, and you could just use dates (and could probably configure something to fetch dates from the case if related).