Question

Schedule Status in FSM

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 10 replies

Hi,

Using FSM6U13, PSO 6.7.0.30

We are currently having some issues understanding the schedule status in FSM. On the task, as my understanding, the scheduling status should be changed based on the status in PSO. However, we are currently experiencing a lot of the tasks that are open have no scheduling status in the task table. 

Is there any smart way to troubleshoot this particular issue?

13 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi,

This mapping will not happen all the times. I assume the PSO Activity is allocated. At this stage, allocation details are recorded in DSE_ALLOCATION table if DSE broadcast is enabled, but TASK table won’t be updated with this data. Therefore, FSM TASK status will be Open.
After the activity is committed, FSM task status will update accordingly to PSO task status (say accepted, in progress etc.). Also, manual changes done at allocation stage (say datetime fix or resource fix) will change the FSM Task Status according to the status mapping in TASK_STATUS table. This is because manual changes are going to FSM as SWB broadcasts, not DSE broadcasts.

Regards,

Sajith

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Thank you for your reply. 

Is the DSE_ALLOCATION table supposed to be updated continously? We’re currently experiencing that the table has not been updated for 5 days, and seems like there is a large gap between the updated intervals. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

If you need to enable this, give DSE_BROADCAST_ENABLED Scheduling App Param as “Y’.

Update interval will be determined from MAXIMUM_FREQUENCY scheduling app parameter.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Enabling DSE broadcast have a performance impact in FSM side. So the frequency should be determined in a manner that FSM performance is not impacted.

Badge +3

Thanks for all the answers for this question. We have a plan in PSO with lots of allocations. When we enabled DSE_BROADCAST_ENABLED all these allocations was removed from PSO. What can cause this behavior?

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

I don’t think it is due to enabling the DSE Broadcast. Check in the PSO event log whether you are seeing any DSE Optimization errors.

Badge +3

Follow up question, is enabling DSE_BROADCAST_ENABLED starting additional processes in PSO? Or is it just enabling the broadcast to FSM?

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Obviously it is more work to Broadcast Manager of PSO, since the DSE plans are broadcasted.

Badge +3

Ok, so it should not alter the plans in any way?

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

No. It should not. It is just communicating what DSE has provided.

Badge +3

I am not able to check the event log, since this happened some weeks ago. But another theory, when DSE updates FSM, could some data fra FSM sent back to PSO be the reason for all the soft allocated tasks being removed in PSO?

Badge +3

I am not able to check the event log, since this happened some weeks ago. But another theory, when DSE updates FSM, could some data fra FSM sent back to PSO be the reason for all the soft allocated tasks being removed in PSO?

Anyone has any input here? What could be sent from FSM that overwrites what PSO has already planned?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

we have the same problem since may 2022 and up to now no solution from IFS. Opened a support case today. If some news i like to post,