Skip to main content
Question

Row was changed after it was selected. Reselect and try again.

• 10 June 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello,

I am trying to edit the unit cost on the Part screen but run into the below error.

Error

When looking at the std_part_cost_view table, it shows that 557727 has not been modified since 2023.

When looking at Screen Events for the Part screen, there is only 1 screen event.

I am unable to edit the custom metadata as it is under FSM Metadata but when I looked at the column UNIT_COST, it shows that Force Select is checked off. I do not believe that would be the issue as 5/15 parts errored out with the same error.

When I checked the BR, there was only 1 BR running.

I am not sure what could be causing this issue and it is happening frequently. 

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @qquac ,

Can you share the xml log of the error message box by expanding the details section?

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @qquac ,

Can you share the xml log of the error message box by expanding the details section?

<perform_batch>
<sequential_dependent>
<update_std_part_cost_view regex_validated="true">
<std_part_cost_view>
<update>
<original_std_part_cost_view>
<column_1>1004701</column_1>
<column_2>5009</column_2>
<fin_rule_sequence>481438</fin_rule_sequence>
<fin_list_sequence>557727</fin_list_sequence>
<process_id>2</process_id>
<currency>CAD</currency>
<effective_code>CURRENT</effective_code>
<effective_dt>2012-01-01</effective_dt>
<unit_cost>8.2337</unit_cost>
<cost_type>2</cost_type>
</original_std_part_cost_view>
</update>
<fin_list_sequence>557727</fin_list_sequence>
<unit_cost>9.24</unit_cost>
</std_part_cost_view>
</update_std_part_cost_view>
</sequential_dependent>
<authentication>
<session_info>
<token_id>L0b7iQj2F4T/Y4NmvzDBLxYNLmZkP7u5u7EHWHtSFUZjM+267tP7e4TJ67jRnxJy6k+Qsybn/YJZecMxl54VbBj7w72E2He4HpcUjo0BiX/J+DeJR4r2tk4iPNvpRapY</token_id>
<session_id>e87tFIdNsRXnOobQIlwEroW8Li/lG3LcC+cJ1Vn5EI+Yek6wpsg6qeG+7lNcLT5i8NcdsA6gEHqaKi+e+8PyyA==f4+rP3Hg3YzcyEtxtEvETw==g3YW/QTPxrpcEtJ4CMAomQ==</session_id>
<tenant_name>
</tenant_name>
<workstation>
</workstation>
</session_info>
</authentication>
</perform_batch>

<perform_batch_result>
<update_std_part_cost_view_result>
<result type="Exception">
<error>
<system_error>
<severity>ERROR</severity>
<message>Row (std_part_cost_view_std_part_cost_view, (557727)) was changed after it was selected. Reselect and try again.</message>
</system_error>
</error>
</result>
</update_std_part_cost_view_result>
</perform_batch_result>

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @qquac 

std_part_cost_view is a baseline view, meaning it cannot be updated through the framework because it's a virtual table (not a physical one). This suggests a configuration issue, or you might have added editable fields like std_part_cost_view.unit_cost through the UI designer or a client script.

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @qquac 

std_part_cost_view is a baseline view, meaning it cannot be updated through the framework because it's a virtual table (not a physical one). This suggests a configuration issue, or you might have added editable fields like std_part_cost_view.unit_cost through the UI designer or a client script.

Why would it allow me to make changes to some parts and not others?

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

Hi @qquac 

Why would it allow me to make changes to some parts and not others?

Could you share some screenshots of the failed and successful attempts of parts saving? Suggesting you to raise the log levels for the exceptions (9) and database (6) for the failed scenario so that you can get a clear idea behind this.