Question

Renting out serial object - how to move to customer

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 3 replies

We are starting to use the Service module on IFSAPP10 and we have some issues on how to solve the best flow for renting out machines (a serial object) to our customers.

We want to:

• Invoice from the Service contract only, since we invoice other services like pm, call-outs etc. in other words we do NOT want to invoice trough Rental Order Lines.
  • The serial object must remain as company owned.
  • The serial object is set as rental asset and then set up as a fixed asset in Finance.

Questions:

• Can use the service request/work order flow to move a machine to an external customer without using a customer order? 
  • Is there any other options on moving a serial object from the warehouse to a customer so that it is till Company owned and in facility at a costumer location?

3 replies

Badge +1

We have a similar problem. Did you find a solution? 

Badge +3

Hi @SALY 

I would consider setting up the Customers as Functional Objects and your rental equipment as Serial Objects (Company Owned) when they are purchased and placed in the inventory. (Better to avoid the Serial Maintenance Aware process)

If you are using the service request/work order flow to execute the rental action (i.e. deliver and install the equipment at the customer site) when the work order is set to ‘WorkDone’ you can run a custom event to move the rental(s) serial objects to the Customer Functional Object structure.

If the service contract is defined at the customer functional object level and ‘Include Objects added to Structure’ is set, this will help with the invoicing process as well.

Hope this helps.

Badge +2

Hi @SALY 

I would consider setting up the Customers as Functional Objects and your rental equipment as Serial Objects (Company Owned) when they are purchased and placed in the inventory. (Better to avoid the Serial Maintenance Aware process)

If you are using the service request/work order flow to execute the rental action (i.e. deliver and install the equipment at the customer site) when the work order is set to ‘WorkDone’ you can run a custom event to move the rental(s) serial objects to the Customer Functional Object structure.

If the service contract is defined at the customer functional object level and ‘Include Objects added to Structure’ is set, this will help with the invoicing process as well.

Hope this helps.

Thank you for your suggestion!

Kind regards!