Skip to main content

Hi everyone,

I have a question regarding Recurring Service Programs - Combined Trigger Type.

In the example below, I put start occurrence = 2, which means July since the program is valid from June, and occurrence interval = 2 which means one request will be generated every 2 months:

This would work properly if I just consider the calendar. But when I have trigger ,,combined,, taking into account the operational hours, in the schedule tab, the first line shows June….why?

Moreover, I can't generate requests because I don't have the scope added.

I am using IFS Cloud (Service Management) 23.2.6

Thank you in advance for your help!

Kind Regards,

Miruna

Hi Miruna,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

Could you please provide more context about what you are trying to achieve, as well as details regarding the Operational Hour trigger and the cycle pattern you have defined?

Hi @PubudikaW,

Thank you for your answer. For sure, I can describe everything.

General Background: 

Our customer wants to have an RSP for each service object and all types of service that can be done on that object. (maintenance, repair, battery service etc = recurring service scopes)

Taking into account that those services need to be done in different months of a year, not all at once, we decided to create a schedule with interval type: month, schedule interval: 1, so that all months of a year are displayed in the schedule. We can start in the first month with maintenance (start occurrence=1), in the 3rd month with inspection (start occurrence=3), in the 9th month with battery service (start occurrence=9). The rest of the months remain empty.

Details for my Example (I created a new example to make it easier to understand):

Since I set Start Occurrence=2, I expect that on the first line I have due next: 6 July. I don't understand why I have 6 June.
And moreover, since I have no scope in the ,,program scope schedule,, tab, I can't generate any request in any way.

Thank you in advance for your help!🙏🏻

Kind Regards, Miruna

Hi Miruna, 

From what you have explained, all the services occur on a time scale. How does the Usage trigger affect the schedule?

Hi @PubudikaW,

Yes, this is true. When I have combined trigger (calendar + usage), ,,start occurrence,, is not working. So I put ,,Start Occurrence,, = 2(July) but I have the first line in June and I don t understand why. June is the first month because the program is valid from June and July is the second month. If I put start occurrence =2, I expect to have the first line in July, not June.

Hi @Miruna M,

To achieve the calendar schedule scenario you've described, the cycle pattern for each service can be configured as follows:

By doing this, services will only appear for the relevant program schedule occurrences. You can also repeat this pattern in a 12-cycle. I hope this is what you were looking for.

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any more questions.

Best Regards,

Pubudika

Hi @PubudikaW,

I am sorry for my late replay, I was on annual leave.

Yes, I agree with you but the problem occurs when I configure a program with ,,combined,, service trigger. In this scenario, start occurrence different than 1 does not work as it should. I have created a ticket at IFS Support and the team is currently checking this topic. I will come back here with an update after I get a answer.

Thank you for your help. BR. Miruna

Hi @Miruna M,

No worries. It appears that there is an opportunity for improvement with the start occurrence functionality. Anyway, we have received the case to R&D, and the team is working on it.

Thank you for reaching out to us again.

BR

/Pubudika