Question

PSO Workbench freezing randomly - Lots of Invalid sessions warning messages in Event Log

• 14 January 2022
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +7
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 14 replies

Hi Guys, 

Recently we are exeriencing random PSO SWB freezing. When investigating the Event log I have notices lots of Invalid session. AppInstance: <ServerName> Account: Default Dataset:  

Event ID 358 Source: IFSSWB 

Most of the time when this is happening I can also see below events… 

Wondering if any of you has change the default value for LogOutOnInvalidSession from No to Yes and if that has any benefit in eliminating the noise from the system. 

I am also planning to change SessionRetantionSeconds to 7200 seconds (2hours)  

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Daniel,

I think the changes you are proposing look sensible and should help to clear out the unwanted sessions. I’m guessing you might have already made this change as the post is 3 months old, if so - how did you get on ?

How many workbench users do you have on the system and how many QMS services ? There shouldn’t be more than approximately 25 users per QMS, if there are then additional QMS services will be needed.

Finally, it looks like you are on an old version as you are using the silverlight version of the workbench so I recommend upgrading to the latest release of PSO 6 update 9.

Kind Regards,

Tom