Question

PSO fix resoource is grayed out

• 11 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello,

It has been found that not fixing a technician, even though the time is fixed, can sometimes lead to problems. In FSM, the person can always be fixed in the job itself under 'Scheduling' by checking a box. In PSO, however, this does not always work. Even if the time is fixed, the checkbox to fix the person remains grey. Even if the correct technician is currently scheduled, this may still change. This issue concerns a difference between FSM and PSO.

Does anyone have a Idee?

Thanks

Markus

6 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Markus,

In the PSO Workbench User Guide it says:

Fix to a Resource - If the 'Fix to a Resource' option is used then the DSE will not allocate the activity to any other resource. To fix an activity at Committed status the permission 'ManChaCommittedResourceFixed' must be set, this must be done by your System Administrator.

I notice that your screenshot shows the activity as Committed.  What is the value you have on the ManChaCommittedResourceFixed parameter?

Thanks,

Carl

Badge

Hi Carl,

Regarding the 'ManChaCommittedResourceFixed' parameter you mentioned, I would greatly appreciate it if you could provide guidance on the specific location of this field.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,
Jan-Willem

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Jan-Willem,

You should be able to find this parameter in the Parameters page, under the Administration area of the workbench.  Start typing the parameter name into the filter box and it should take you there quite quickly.

Thanks,
   Carl

Badge

Hi Carl,

Thank you for your suggestion. I did try searching for the parameter in the Parameters page under the Administration area of the workbench, but unfortunately, I couldn't locate it. I appreciate your assistance, though. If you have any other suggestions or if there's another way to access the parameter, please let me know.

Best regards,
Jan-Willem

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Sorry Jan-Willem, my mistake, it’s in the Permissions page!

Badge

Found it! Thank you for your help.