Solved

Print pick for multiple lines in Part Needs

• 10 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

In the part need screen, you are able to click multiple parts to print out. however if there are 3 parts on 1 request/task, it will print out 3 separate print picks and generate 3 separate shipments. whereas if its done on the request screen it will put everything in 1 shipment / print pick

has anyone had a similar issue? is there any way of fixing this? 

FSM 5.7

icon

Best answer by Dhanushki Pahathkumbure 13 February 2020, 05:29

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi,

I’m not sure how it’s been implemented or is there is a configuration setup but by reading your description and how it work I believe it has to be in the way it’s been implemented in the client. In the part need screen it might put separate prints per line where as in the request screen it might put it as a collection. Maybe in the request screen it’s a different report than the part need screen, maybe a collection one.

After printing from both screen check the report archive and see if the report titles are the same or different.

If it’s different then it means it’s requesting for different reports which out puts the data in different ways. In that case you need to modify the part need screen to call the report that is been called by the request screen if that is the way you want it to be.

If they are the same, then it means the data is generated in different way so that in the request screen gathers all in to one and make one big result set but in the part need screen it’s just individual ones. Check in the client code or in the RDF business logic. You might be able to find the logic where it combines the data.

Hope this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +15

In the part need screen, you are able to click multiple parts to print out. however if there are 3 parts on 1 request/task, it will print out 3 separate print picks and generate 3 separate shipments. whereas if its done on the request screen it will put everything in 1 shipment / print pick

FSM 5.7

I hope you are referring to the part need search screen. If so, this has always been the functionality when it comes to picking in the part need screen. The Part Need Search screen does perform_inventory_picking, with the following parameters:

<perform_inventory_picking>

<parameters>

<allow_partials>Y</allow_partials>

<include_req_on_hold>N</include_req_on_hold>

<request_id>@request_id</request_id>

<pn_sequence>@pn_sequence</pn_sequence>

<run_option>2</run_option>

</parameters>

</perform_inventory_picking>

Hence, there’s currently no client logic to ‘bundle’ up submissions even if it is a multi pick. As a workaround you can use the logistics manager > pick list function to bulk print pick. Where it will create one shipment for all part needs regardless of the request they consist of. And you also have the option to separate shipments if they are on different requests.

Otherwise, if you wish you can add a button to the Part Need Search screen to alter to use the same parameters or constraints that are used from the Request screen. But without coding you will not be able to get the results that you want as the print button on the part need search screen is hard coded.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

FSM 5.7

I hope you are referring to the part need search screen. If so, this has always been the functionality when it comes to picking in the part need screen. The Part Need Search screen does perform_inventory_picking, with the following parameters:

<parameters>

</parameters>

Hence, there’s currently no client logic to ‘bundle’ up submissions even if it is a multi pick. As a workaround you can use the logistics manager > pick list function to bulk print pick. Where it will create one shipment for all part needs regardless of the request they consist of. And you also have the option to separate shipments if they are on different requests.

Otherwise, if you wish you can add a button to the Part Need Search screen to alter to use the same parameters or constraints that are used from the Request screen. But without coding you will not be able to get the results that you want as the print button on the part need search screen is hard coded.

@dpurkar  - you are AMAZING i didnt even think to check if this existed. 

My only question is now - how do i set the printer? my printer drop down is empty. i looked in the guide doesnt explain. I know there is an app param for the network printer but im not sure in what way it needs to be if its just a link or what not

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

FSM 5.7

<parameters>

</parameters>

@dpurkar  - you are AMAZING i didnt even think to check if this existed. 

My only question is now - how do i set the printer? my printer drop down is empty. i looked in the guide doesnt explain. I know there is an app param for the network printer but im not sure in what way it needs to be if its just a link or what not

i found the app param to set the default printer for pick list, however i have set the path it still isnt printing.