Question

Plan Value Decreased (resulting in unallocation)

• 7 September 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

We are having an issue which seems to be a conflict between the ABE & DSE.

When Appointment Booking, we are seeing, after a successful appointment is booked, those booked calls will be in Unallocated status in PSO, usually by the following morning. Once an explanations report is run, we are seeing the Result of “Plan value decreased”. This is also backed up with a negative value in the Plan Value Difference. 

In testing, we are using minimal activities in mainly empty shifts and still seeing the same result.

Is this expected behavior (hopefully not) and what can we do to address it? Can you recommend any parameters to review etc?

Thanks

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

What’s the activity value/margin once it has been appointment-booked? And how does the SLA curve look like?

I’m not an expert on the FSM/PSO integration, but if you say the unallocation happens on the next day, it could also be that the nightly load message overwrites certain activity details, which then leads to the lower service margin. You could book the activity, save the schedule and export the XML. On the next day (when the activity is unallocated) save and export the schedule again and compare all details of the activity to see if something changed over night.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I haven’t been able to find any differences in the saved schedule XMLs.

Also, I am now seeing examples where the activity is Unallocated immediately after appointment booking. 

Can you expand on the activity value/margin please? 

Do you just means shown here, or is there more detail somewhere I can review? The part I am struggling with is comparing a shift plan value before the new activity with one after the new activity is introduced. For us, we never want PSO to exclude a scheduled task/activity  in order to try and increase the plan value. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Unfortunately I’m not an expert on FSM integration. The PSO documentation suggests to increase the base value of appointment-booked activities to avoid them being unallocated. This is also how the IFS Cloud/PSO integration works, but no idea about FSM.

Just one ask: The base value, SLA and curve look okay, can you check the Availabilities tab (just to make sure that the LOAD message doesn’t corrupt anything here).