Question

Photos needs to add Lat, long, Date while taking in Mobile app

• 7 December 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Team,

Is it possible to get the date & Time, Lat & long while capturing Photos in mobile application.

Regards,
Shiyaz

7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +26

Hi @etmshiy 

I would suggest using a 3rd party application to interact with the device camera.

Depending on the OS, there are many options out there. For example:

Android:

5 GPS Camera Apps for Android to Add a Location Watermark to Your Photos (makeuseof.com)

10 Free Apps to Geotag Photos on Android & iOS | Freeappsforme - Free apps for Android and iOS

iOS

GPS Stamp: Add Geotag on Photo on the App Store (apple.com)

10 Free Apps to Geotag Photos on Android & iOS | Freeappsforme - Free apps for Android and iOS

Cheers!

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

Hi @etmshiy 

This will require a code level customization if you want to get the output on the capture itself. Or is it something else which you are trying to achieve if I’m mistaken?

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Is it Possible to get it in Future release, as this is must to have future for Customers.

Regards,

Shiyaz

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

@etmshiy can you log this here, please: Share Your Ideas | IFS Community And share the URL so that interested people can upvote? This is the main input channel for the R&D roadmap.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Alex,

I have added in ideas.

Regards,

Shiyaz

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Need Lat, Long & Date time in Photos while capturing in Mobile app | IFS Community if anyone else thinks this is a good idea.

Badge

This is good suggestion.