Skip to main content
Question

Person Calendar Exceptions - Assigning tasks with long durations

• 24 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hello,

when I try to assign a task with a long duration (more than 1 day) on the Schedule Board, I get the following error:

“The technician has person calendar exceptions that prevent the delegation of this task.”

This is because although I'm trying to assign the task to a day when the technician is available for work, as the task covers the next day when the technician has a calendar exception, the aforementioned error already occurs.

Are there any parameters/configurations that can be changed in order to assign tasks to this scenario?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +26

Hi @AccCatOli 

What is the business flow here? It is not clear.

If the technician is not available, why would you like to assign them a task?

Cheers!

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

I agree, good to know the use case here. In the meantime, can “Multiple Visit Handling” capability setup be a solution here? Please read the below documentation, 

------------ ----------

Introduction to Visit Handling
In general, single work is allocated to a one resource as single work assignment. Visit handling can be used to create more than one work assignment for a single work based on the work schedule or calendar of the resource. When a single work has more than one work assignment, it is called Visit Chain. An individual work assignment of the visit chain is referred as Visit. Each visit is sequenced with Visit ID and Visits in a visit chain to continue unfinished work is referred as Follow-on Visits.

Visit are created according to a general logic based on the resource's working schedule, if the work assignments are created through a source other than IFS/Planning Scheduling Optimization. Then visits can be handled according to a general concept and IFS/Resource Monitoring Gantt and Allocation Gantt can be used to handle visit related allocations and reallocations. If IFS/Planning Scheduling Optimization is used, visits are automatically created by the Planning Scheduling Optimization tool.   Visit handing is not supported by IFS/Maintenance Planning Board. ----------------

I hope this would help.