Question

Mobile Work Order versus Cloud application

• 25 November 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear All,

I’ve noticed that the standard IFS Cloud has a lobby called ‘Service Technician’ that seems to be using similar functionality as the Mobile Work Order application.

When you click on ongoing Work Orders you get the possibilities to start travel, start work, complete work and do a report in. But I am still missing some things like: issueing parts, a service report BEFORE customer signature (so my customer can read what I’ve done - similar to the MWO).

Is this functionality present in the IFS Cloud application, if yes, where can I found it? Or is it still under development or how is this moving forward?

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

4 replies

Userlevel 7

You can issue material within the task. Click on the button “Material”.

The service report is not available (like in mWO), however you can quite easily add a custom button to print a report from within the screen (print pdf). The solution will continue to evolve. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Hi @anmise ,

Thanks for the reply. When you say ‘The solution will continue to evolve’, is there any timeline available on further development of this solution? Our customer would be very interested to see how fast this would evolve and what functionality would be available by what timeframe.

Best Regards

Roel Timmermans

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Dear @anmise ,

Do you have any further information on further developments to this area of IFS? possible roadmaps or release notes with future implementations?

Best Regards

Roel

Userlevel 7

Dear @anmise ,

Do you have any further information on further developments to this area of IFS? possible roadmaps or release notes with future implementations?

Best Regards

Roel

Apologies, I missed your last post. At the moment, we are in the process of reviewing our road map items. As part of this process, we are taking a closer look at the backlog and other initiatives to determine their priorities and feasibility. At this time, we do not have any concrete plans in place for this particular area, but we do have a backlog item related to this, to add support for the NGSM Request Management in Tech Portals. This does not mean that we are not considering this for future development, but rather that we are still in the planning and review phase. As for the report, I don’t think we will build the same report in the tech portals, as there is already a framework to build reports in place, and you can use Business Process Automation (BPA) or events to force this action ahead of capturing a signature.