Solved

Mobile designer - missing option

• 11 October 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

I am in the process of creating a design for a customer using FSM6 update 25. I need to add a new custom screen but when trying to add the screen, the drop down list for the “Screen Type” field is missing the “Standard” option. All others however exist. The message_id ‘Standard’ (message_type=CODE) exists in the metrix_message_def table. Also, the table metrix_code_table does include the row code_name=’MM_SCREEN_TYPE”, code_value = ‘STANDARD’ and active=’Y’.

Any ideas what is missing?

icon

Best answer by jevin.fernando 18 October 2023, 16:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@brian.gummin - have you seen this before or have any ideas?

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

@Steve Hurst 

I assume you checked all these values exist by exporting the mobile DB, if not export the mobile DB and run the below query to see whether the values are returned

SELECT m.message_text,c.code_value
FROM metrix_code_table c
JOIN mm_message_def_view m ON c.message_id = m.message_id
AND m.message_type = 'CODE'
WHERE c.code_name = 'MM_SCREEN_TYPE'

Also please note the translations are pulled from the view “mm_message_def_view”

I checked in my FSM 6.25, and it works fine and created few screens :)

Userlevel 5
Badge +15

@jevin.fernando - that pointed me in the right direction and helped solve the issue!

I had checked the metrix_code_table and the “Standard” record was present, however, using your script it showed that it was not present in the mm_message_def_view. The cause turned out to be that the customer had a cust_message_def record defined with a message_id of “STANDARD” and was therefore being excluded from the view and so did not appear on mobile!