Question

Migrate from Server 2012R2 to Server 2019

• 1 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

We have IFS FSM and it is currently installed on a Server 202R2 server and wish to move it to Server 2019 as 2012R2 goes end of life next year. Could someone please advise how this is done and if there is someone I can speak to in support about this as currently they just say its nit a bug so not supported.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @IGMIGMIMXMD,

The method would be to run the installer for your FSM version on the new server and point that at the existing database instance. Once installed you would need to make sure all custom config files and any other files added after install are replicated over to the new server. Then with the new client links generated from the new install on the new server have the users re-install the client using those links.

If you require assistance with this you would need to raise a request for consultant assistance rather than a support request.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Just confirming the question is about migrating from Windows Server 20212R2 to Windows Server 2019 - i.e. app server, not the database server.  Lee’s reply is correct assuming that Windows Server is what you mean.

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Just confirming the question is about migrating from Windows Server 20212R2 to Windows Server 2019 - i.e. app server, not the database server.  Lee’s reply is correct assuming that Windows Server is what you mean.

Hi Jon currently he application and database are on the same server, and will need to migrated to one Windows 2019 Server