Question

Manually scheduled work beyond 30 days, not displaying on PSO workbench

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Can you recommend any parameters or scheduling app params to check to fix this issue?

Only in our Production environment we are seeing manually scheduled tasks being ignored or excluded by the workbench. Inside 30 days out, they appear just as normal, and Appointment Booked activities are also fine.

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Andy,

I assume this is an FSM-PSO integration? The first question I need to ask is - is the activity you are trying to view visible in PSO at all ? Check the Activities screen in the scheduling workspace and and the exceptions, perhaps it is unplanned or there is a data error preventing it from being scheduled?

I notice on the the activities view above you aren’t including ‘do not schedule’ activities - perhaps the status has been set to DoNotSchedule?

Regards,

Tom

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I’m not sure it is. If we use Book Appointment, the tasks come over fine. But if we manually schedule in FSM (assigned a planned start date and owner) then the task does not appear in PSO IF the planned start date is +30 days into the future, despite both methods of scheduling creating the same Primary Time Commitment. I have attempted toggling on DoNotSchedule in each instance with no effect. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Compared to ‘Book Appointment’ method:

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Interestingly, if i then make changes in PSO to fix the date and resource, PSO sends an Unallocation event to FSM:  

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Interestingly, if i then make changes in PSO to fix the date and resource, PSO sends an Unallocation event to FSM:  

Is the activity also unallocated in PSO? If it is fixed to a date and date and resource this should be impossible.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m not sure it is. If we use Book Appointment, the tasks come over fine. But if we manually schedule in FSM (assigned a planned start date and owner) then the task does not appear in PSO IF the planned start date is +30 days into the future, despite both methods of scheduling creating the same Primary Time Commitment. I have attempted toggling on DoNotSchedule in each instance with no effect. 

• What is the length of the scheduling window (dynamic window + appointment window) ?
  • have you checked the PSO audits to see if the activity is being transferred from FSM->PSO?

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Dynamic is 7 days, appointment window is 233 (we needed 8 months total)

The below Scheduling App Params are the same in our Dev environment too, where we are not seeing this issue.

​​​​​​

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Andy, what have you got set for the value of EXPORT_TASK_STATUSES_TO_EXCLUDE? Something must be preventing it from being sent to PSO. Check the values of all the EXPORT* scheduling app params just in case.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8