Question

List entries in notification messages

• 4 January 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Is it possible to specify multiple names of task resources in the mail message that is generated when sending from FSM? Of course a task can have several resources linked to it. Should it be sufficient to simply specify {{task_resource.resource_name}} to display all resources? Or is a 1:n relationship in the notification messages not possible?

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Thomas Widmoser ,

I think this should be possible (haven't tested myself yet), but if I read Mike his statements it is possible with wildcard substituation variables.

As you want to sent out 1 notification to n resources, right?

Quote by Mike:
"...and/or you would use a distribution entry with a wildcard variable that resolves to a set of addresses (i.e. retrieves multiple PERSON records).  For the wildcard substitution variable, if more than one record qualifies in the final mapping, FSM will use all of them.

https://community.ifs.com/field-service-management-fsm-planning-and-scheduling-optimization-pso-249/fsm-notifications-1483

https://community.ifs.com/field-service-management-fsm-planning-and-scheduling-optimization-pso-249/fsm-notifications-4834

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @StephanS ,

thanks for the quick answer! But it is not about sending to multiple mail addresses, it is about including the names of multiple people / resources into the message text of the notification message. But the answer given in 

sounds like that this should be working as well. The example is relating to products but as written as well, this should be possible for other tables as well.

We will try to use a different PARENT TAB NAME and see if it is working then

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @StephanS ,

we did some tests but I assume that inserting multiple entries from the same table (1:n, in our case resource names linked to one task) into the body of the mail notification is not possible.

regards,
Thomas