Question

Issue with the "Home Location" Field on the Resources Page PSO

• 5 October 2023
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

Hi all,

I have two questions regarding the "Home Location" field on the Resources screen:

Next to the "Home Location" field, the code "-11337" appears on every resource in every dataset. Could you please help me to remove this code?

Additionally, I am facing a second issue, as the string in the field gets truncated after a certain number of characters. I would like to know how I can increase the character limit for the description of the Location’s fields.

Please provide your inputs...

Kind Regards

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

#1: I’m seeing the same “11337” added to my locations, but the audit of the LOAD message from IFS Cloud does not have that suffix, and even in a PSO standalone dataset it’s added, so it’s a PSO “thing”. And even if I change the parameter LocationLabel it still adds “11337” at the end.

#2: Could it be that the truncated field is the city, which in PSO only has a length of 40?

Badge +3

​​​​​#1 Yes I’ve searched it the same way 
#2 Can this character limit change?

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

#2 - no, the data model is fixed. And even if you had DB access, changes would not be permitted.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hi,

#1: Can you raise a bug for this please?

#2: We can possibly increase the character limit in future. Please raise an idea for this.

Thanks,

Sam