Question

Is it possible to fix the resources via filter?

• 15 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +6

Hello, our customer wants to use the filter options in PSO and see for example only the resources for a certain city. But if he wants to fix an activity to a resource, than all resources appear, not only those for the specified city in the filter. 

e.g.:  Even if I use a filter and I see on the gantt only the resources from a certain city, in ,,Fix to resource”, the dispatcher can choose from all resources from the country. Is there a way to be able to fix to resource according to the filter used?

Thank you very much,

Iulia

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi Iulia - This depends on whether the filter is applied on server side or client side. These are the 2 types of filters. If you are using a Server side filters (eg: region), then the list will have filtered resources. But if it is a client side filter(eg:Resource filter), then whole resource list will be there. 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Iulia,

If you are using the quick filter which is the text box at the top right of the Gantt chart, then only the Gantt chart will be filtered. If you set up a filter using the filter menu then that should apply across the whole application, so I would expect that the fix to resource will be filtered. If it is not, then it sounds like a bug. If you could raise a ticket that would be great.

Thanks,

Kai 

Badge +6

Hello, thank you everyone and sorry for the late reply. I managed to test the scenario and it worked with the region filter.