Inventory management within FSM

• 13 July 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

I am interested to know the plans for FSM in terms of inventory management.  I was on a call with Steven Jeffs-Watts and Sarah Nicastro this morning and was excited to hear about the direction FSM is moving with IFS Cloud.  in my opinion one of the areas FSM is a bit weak is related to its ability to move inventory easily and effectively from a warehouse place whether it be a building or a van on to a task and then if not used move back to potentially a different warehouse.  It is even harder if that material is drop shipped to the customer.

I’d like to see a request treated like a temporary stocking location where PO can be issued for material directly to the request with any tech on any task able to indicate that is was actually used or was not used and easily moved to their stocking place (their van).

Any comments on how inventory might be handled in the future? 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I am interested to know the plans for FSM in terms of inventory management.  I was on a call with Steven Jeffs-Watts and Sarah Nicastro this morning and was excited to hear about the direction FSM is moving with IFS Cloud.  in my opinion one of the areas FSM is a bit weak is related to its ability to move inventory easily and effectively from a warehouse place whether it be a building or a van on to a task and then if not used move back to potentially a different warehouse.  It is even harder if that material is drop shipped to the customer.

I’d like to see a request treated like a temporary stocking location where PO can be issued for material directly to the request with any tech on any task able to indicate that is was actually used or was not used and easily moved to their stocking place (their van).

Any comments on how inventory might be handled in the future? 

Hi,

Just thought of sharing my comments on the topic you discussed as I’m also interested in this area. As you have correctly mentioned we still have room for the improvements in FSM inventory management as per my point of view. The existing system make more complex when comes to warranty issues, returns etc. These areas to be managed more efficiently according to my experience with the application behavior . Hence this will be a good move with the trends of Field Services industry.

I found bellow article very interesting and thought of sharing this with you as you are interested.
https://mordorintelligence.com/industry-reports/field-service-management-market

Thanks ,
Tharindu