Question

Install FSM smart client

Badge +2

how to resolving the server names via DNS for the installation and operation of the SmartClients

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +11

If you are looking for a way to resolve the host name with a DNS only, check HERE, it’s a public forum.

Badge +2

Hi there is some missunderstanding.

The problem is not to resolve server names via DNS, we have an environment with an DNS Suffix like:
CompanyName.local

The servers are in their own Domain named:

CompanyName.Environment.Hostername.de

So the Standardsuffix is different. In the manifest File and the Endpoint XML by standard there is just “FSMWEBSERVER” listed as name. So the system cant resolve that cause of missing Domain.

If I configure the Endpoint XML this works for the smart client after installation.

But when I want to install the smart client I have to manipulate the host file on the computer.

Is there a solution for that?

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian

Badge +2

Hi there is some missunderstanding.

The problem is not to resolve server names via DNS, we have an environment with an DNS Suffix like:
CompanyName.local

The servers are in their own Domain named:

CompanyName.Environment.Hostername.de

So the Standardsuffix is different. In the manifest File and the Endpoint XML by standard there is just “FSMWEBSERVER” listed as name. So the system cant resolve that cause of missing Domain.

If I configure the Endpoint XML this works for the smart client after installation.

But when I want to install the smart client I have to manipulate the host file on the computer.

Is there a solution for that?

Thanks in advance.

Sebastian