Importing report rdlc files in bulk

• 1 February 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9
  • Sidekick (Partner)
  • 59 replies

Hi Experts,

There’s a question from a customer (who’s on IFS managed cloud) on bulk importing rdlc files. As far as I know rdlc files have to be uploaded one by one for each report on the reports admin screen. They are querying whether it’s possible to speed this up.

Some thoughts,

• Is it possible to use Odata to send in the rdlc files with perform_upload_report ?
  • Is it possible to get access to the relevant cloud location and push the files directly ? (does this do the same thing as upload report? )

Thanks in advance

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Miraj,

I’m not sure about the OData API but I know that you won’t get access to the Azure location for storing reports. Usually, if you have many reports to upload we include them into the installation package under 
...\Application Server\ServerCloudInstallContent\Metrix.Service.IIS.Web.Cloud\ClientReports\CustomReports
and provide it to the Cloud Team as a delivery installation request.

Best regards
Roman

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi @Miraj ,

Yes, your second option is quite right. 😎

Basically when it comes to uploading the RDLC reports to the server, the standard way is to upload them one by one via the Report Admin screen.

So once the RDLC being uploaded via that screen, the RDLC will upload to the relevant path located in the server  though. This path has been defined under “File Path”  in the Report Admin screen though.

( check the screen shot been attached)

But as per your requirement , You can ask someone who has the access to the relevant server to log in to it and upload required RDLC files to the correct path via pushing them all at once.

Path in the server will be → C:\inetpub\wwwroot\FSMServer_NAME\ClientReports\CustomReports

Best Regards,

Induwari

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

@Induwari Unfortunately, this only applies to on-premise environments. For Cloud environments there is no access given to the App Service directory.

Best regards
Roman