Solved

IFS FSM Integration

• 8 February 2020
  • 4 replies

Badge +2

Hi Guys,

Can any one suggest how to send the PDF attachment (Like Invoice Report PDF Attachment) file in XML mapping during FSM integration trigger and Also suggest how to declare the attributes in element tag and pass the values in it like in below example?

<InvoiceRequest documentDate="2019-10-17" documentNumber="123456789" billingType="Invoice" transactionType="SALE">

<Currency isoCurrencyCodeAlpha="USD"/>

Any help will be highly appreciated

icon

Best answer by Mike The FSM TechnoGeek 13 February 2020, 21:43

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

Priyesh, could you please describe, in functional terms, what you are actually working with, and what you want to do with it in FSM?  For instance, do you have an external invoice generation producing the PDF invoice, and you want to create a record in the FSM attachment table?  Do you need to do something else entirely?

Based on what I see here, I assume you have a .PDF file, which is an invoice for an FSM request.  This file would need to be placed in the file system share where all FSM attachments are stored.  It is (or used to be) possible, alternatively, to store the attachment content in the FSM database itself, but most customers don’t do this, and we don’t usually recommend it.

Assuming the .PDF file is in the FSM attachment file share, you just need to create an attachment record for it with XML like this:

<attachment>
<attachment_name>invoice_1003947</attachment_name>
<attachment_path>\\server_name\share_name\invoice_1003947.pdf</attachment_path>
<attachment_type>DOCUMENT</attachment_type>
<attachment_description>Inbound invoice from XYZ system - invoice number 1003947</attachment_description>
<active>Y</active>
<stored>N</stored>
</attachment>

Use the ProcessMessage operation in the MetrixIntegrationService to process the inbound integration.

Badge +2

Mike,

Thanks for your response. I appreciate that!!

I have two requirements to do:

1. How can i configure the outbound integration mapping to trigger the XML data along with the Invoice PDF attachment to the external 3rd party application in SOAP handler. 
  2. How to add the attributes in XML mapping fields XML element as shown in below sample. eg. <InvoiceRequest documentDate="2019-10-17" documentNumber="123456789" billingType="Invoice" transactionType="SALE">  like in this sample the documentDate, documentNumber, billingType and transactionType are the attributes in InvoiceRequest element tag. How can I achieve this in XML mapping and pass the values in it?

Best Regards,

Priyesh

Userlevel 5
Badge +17
  1. Typically, outbound integration is triggered by a custom XML business process, which invokes the ‘perform_outbound_integration’ MPM.
  2. This is outside the scope of what I think we can cover in IFS Community from a practical standpoint.  I believe in order to meet the specific requirements of XML attribute values being set for the 3rd party system, you may need to develop a custom data connector.  This is a .Net development project.
Badge +2

Dear Mike, 

Thanks for your valuable answers. I really appreciate it!!