Question

IFS FSM-Adding filter condition on UI Designer to filter data

• 13 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello everyone!

I'm  display data from survey_result table on the request screen in a seperate tab,
I'm able to fetch the data from survey_result and display it successfully on the request screen using UI Designer,

But the issue is iam getting  all the data from survey_result for that Request ID. 

where as i want to display only some rows from that survey_result table based on survey_id
How can we add a filter condition on UI Designer by which we can get survey_result data for a specific survey_id on the UI Designer 

I've tried searching for solutions online, but I haven't been able to find anything that works for my specific scenario.

If anyone has experience with filtering data in a mobile survey based on survey ID, I'd be so grateful for any advice or guidance you can provide.

Thank you in advance for your help! I appreciate your time and expertise.

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Moved to FSM.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Yajjala,

I am going to assume that we’re dealing with a 2-part list-view here, 1 to list the Surveys, the other to list the results.

If that is the case: 

1. give your Parent list a name
  2. then set your child list up with Name & Parent
    1. In my example my parent = “TaskList” and my child is “RCAList”
  3. Edit the ListView configuration of the Parent to include child information
    1. In my example I identify the child (on the parent list configuration) and entered the table_name (survey_answer in your case) in both “Child table Name” and “Path”
  4. make sure your “Child Relations” settings match your desired setup.
    1. In your case you would need a link from request to survey (possibly through a view) then link in survey_answer from survey
      1. “survey” would be the parent
      2. “survey_answer” would be the child
  5. Save Screen - Refresh Cache -- Re-open screen - Et Voila!  (assuming I didn’t forget something!) 

If you were simply looking to add a filter, use “Child relation Editor” to add a constraint to the survey_answer relation, such as this: 

Lastly; for a more dynamic single-survey result view, you could also build a custom-view and bring that in instead of survey_result_view

Hope this helps.

Sincerely,

-Rudy