Solved

IFS Field Service Management (FSM) Smart Client cache management

• 2 October 2019
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +2
Hi,
Can anyone please enlighten me with the difference among the below Cache Refreshing methodologies used in IFS FSM?
  • Refresh Cache
  • Refresh Integration Cache
  • Refresh Cache (Full)
As well as, if we do a Refresh Cache (Full) will it refresh all the active smart client's cache or just the smart client which triggers the function?
icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 2 October 2019, 15:00

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24
My understanding is that Refresh Cache refreshes only the files relevant to the changes made and leaves other caches.

Refresh Cache (Full) refreshes the full cache. This is set to be removed at some later version.

Both of those push to refresh all users cache not just the one that initiates it.

Refresh integration just refreshes the caches related to any integrations in place.

Hope that helps.
Userlevel 2
Badge +2
My understanding is that Refresh Cache refreshes only the files relevant to the changes made and leaves other caches.

Refresh Cache (Full) refreshes the full cache. This is set to be removed at some later version.

Both of those push to refresh all users cache not just the one that initiates it.

Refresh integration just refreshes the caches related to any integrations in place.

Hope that helps.

Crystal and thank you for your explanation @Lee Pinchbeck šŸ‘šŸ¼
Userlevel 3
Badge +6

As far my understanding andĀ Refresh Cache refreshes only the files relevant to the changes made and leaves other caches. Refresh Cache (Full) refreshes the full cache and loads all the meta data to Cache. In both case(ā€œRefresh Cacheā€ and ā€œRefresh Cache (Full)ā€)Ā  allĀ  the users cacheĀ  will be refreshed. So it might make an overload on server.Ā 
Whereas, Refresh integration Cache is only for caches related to any integration.

Ā 

Thanks,

Shivam