Question

How to use 2 PSO datasets in one FSM environment ?

• 25 January 2022
  • 12 replies

Badge +2

Hello,

We used to have 2 datasets running in one PSO environnment coming from the same FSM environment. Since FSM 6U13 + PSO 6U8 we manage to run only 1 dataset by FSM environment connected to our PSO one.In other words, we can run 2 datasets in 1 PSO but only datasets coming from different FSM environments. But we do not manage anymore to run 2 datasets coming from the same FSM environment . Do you have experience feedback on this since FSM 6U13 / PSO 6U8 ?

Thank you in advance,

Regards

This topic has been closed for comments

12 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @NathanP,

You should be able to have multiple datasets for one FSM integrated environment. Are you able to expand on how you are prevented from running more than one dataset from one FSM environment and/or the errors or messages you receive when you try?

There is a guide here:

for the integration setup with a dataset creation section. Are you able to advise what you have setup in the THREESIXTY_DATASET_ID Global Codes table? It would be worth checking the scheduling app params as well to ensure they have not been setup only for one dataset and instead have at least app params set for all datasets.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi,

You need to set 2 datasets under threesixty_dataset_id in global codes. Then define 2 teams and give the dataset per each team. 

If you want to have different scheduling app parameters per dataset, you can create new parameter records too.

Regards,

Sajith

Badge +2

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck and @Sajith Anushan,

Two different threesixty_dataset_id are configured and app params are set for all datasets. Activities from the 2 datasets are visible in PSO but only resources from the first one are visible in Scheduling->Resources. When we try to create the Rota on the second dataset, no error message is displayed and we are back on the same screen :

We also checked in the Events screen but there is no error message

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Did you create 2 Modelling datasets in PSO Modelling datasets screen?

Badge +2

Yes we did.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Check whether the Resources have been added correctly to the FSM team connected to 2nd dataset.

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@NathanP The resources will come over with the scheduled load job which is usually performed overnight. Has this been setup to send both datasets over and has it been run since the resources were added that are assigned to the second dataset?

If yes to both you may want to check the ram load table in the database to check whether the resources have lines in that table. If they do they will not be resent with the load job. Creating a new resource for the second dataset that is confirmed to not be in the ram load table and then waiting for the load job to run will help then check what exactly is blocking this by reviewing the load data sent to PSO and the ram load table afterwards.

Badge +2

I can confirm that resources have been added correctly to hte team associated to the second dataset. They are visible in PSO on the screen Planning->Resources.

@Lee Pinchbeck yes we have scheduled jobs to send the 2 datasets to PSO. What is the name of this table exactly ? Is it a FSM table ? I will check if I can found the resources in it

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

@NathanP If you can see them in planning>resources in PSO then that means they have come over as resources so no need to check the table (it is a data table in the SQL database).

If they are in planning but not scheduling it sounds like it has them but doesn’t seem them as usable for some reason. I am more FSM than PSO so I will allow people with more experience in PSO to cover that.

@tomgreenwood don’t suppose you have seen this before? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I can confirm that resources have been added correctly to hte team associated to the second dataset. They are visible in PSO on the screen Planning->Resources.

@Lee Pinchbeck yes we have scheduled jobs to send the 2 datasets to PSO. What is the name of this table exactly ? Is it a FSM table ? I will check if I can found the resources in it

it is called threesixty_ram_load_history

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi @Lee Pinchbeck and @Sajith Anushan,

Two different threesixty_dataset_id are configured and app params are set for all datasets. Activities from the 2 datasets are visible in PSO but only resources from the first one are visible in Scheduling->Resources. When we try to create the Rota on the second dataset, no error message is displayed and we are back on the same screen :

We also checked in the Events screen but there is no error message

So am I right in thinking that the actual problem is that you cannot create a rota for the second modelling dataset?  

Thanks,

Tom

Userlevel 4
Badge +13

@Sajith Anushan Just a thought. Have you created two separate Rota’s in the Rota Screen in FSM?