Solved

Future of FSM

• 20 February 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +3

I understand IFS FSM is a stand-alone application at the current moment and there is some word that it is being integrated with IFS Cloud. What is the future of FSM? Will the stand-alone application be integrated fully with IFS Cloud and cease to exist as a stand-alone application called ‘FSM’, and instead be called Enterprise Service Management (ESM) going forward? Also, being that PSO is connected to FSM, will it also be integrated fully into IFS Cloud? Thank you.

icon

Best answer by Isuru Wijeratna 23 February 2023, 05:35

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @jhebert85 ,

Core FSM componants related to business will be introduced to IFS Cloud application and you can use IFS Cloud also to work for FSM ( Field Service Management ). but Current IFS FSM stand alone software will be remain as it is in future and you will get support for it also. 

Important fact is that all IFS FSM features such as Business Rules, Highly flexible UI Designer, Client Script like features are not available in IFS Cloud in current releases. but Still You can use IFS Cloud for the FSM. There are some customer who are already moved to IFS Cloud.

PSO is a seperate software product which use for scheduling. it remain as it is in near future and will not be the componant of IFS Cloud. If i talk about integration, you can integrate it with IFS cloud/IFS FSM as what you do now in near future also and it will not change.

Thank You

Isuru Wijeratna

Userlevel 6
Badge +18

Just to add to the PSO portion of your question…

PSO is still developed as an engine that can be used with FSM, IFS Cloud or any 3rd party upstream system. PSO is the engine that powers the “Advanced Optimization” SKU (“ASO”) in IFS Cloud. ASO does not yet have feature parity with PSO standalone, but every release adds a big set of capabilities with the goal of eliminating the gap. The features that are already supported are fully integrated, i.e. you maintain the data in IFS Cloud (like you do it in ARP in PSO Standalone). Examples include resources, resource types, shifts, activity types, appointment slots etc. The workbench itself is embedded into the IFS Cloud UI and can also be opened in a separate tab.