Question

FSM6u10 Mobile Attachment default path

• 22 December 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi there, 

Since upgrading from FSM5.7.2 to FSM6u10, when in the mobile app and selecting to add an attachment the application always defaults to the Root Directory of the device. 

If the engineer has an organised file structure when attachments are kept they are always forced to navigate through several folders to get to the location. When needing to attach multiple files the app defaults back to the Root  folder of the device. 

This makes it time consuming, tedious and increases the risk of files being missed.

Is it possible for the Mobile App to remember the location of the last attached file so that each time the add file attachment is selected for it to open in the last folder and not the Root each time?

This was not a problem under 5.7.2 Mobile app. but a change since upgrading to FSM6u10.

Thank you.

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi @AngeloPav,

Its better if you can raised as a support case to get an solution for this.

Best regards,
Chathuranga

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @AngeloPav,

I’ve tested this using the latest FSM6U14 and in it, only the first time it opens the root directory. After you selected the first attachment from a certain folder, next time you try to attach something, it opens that folder you selected before. I haven’t tested this in FSM6U10 but I suppose the result will be the same. I used a device with android 11. Can I know what your android version is ?

Thanks & Best Regards,

Hushan Hasarel