Solved

FSM : Understanding Basic Flow of RMA / Shipping of Parts / Field Technician

• 18 February 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

My Question is a high level question : I understand that Customer is the one who calls and asks for service so we create a request in the system . the request than has a task in it. 

When do we know we need to create a RMA for the customer , 

if RMA has been created to Replace the part then who goes to collect the faulty part and deliver the replacement , basically what is happening on ground when we click on Post Shipment , 

the faulty part can be replaced by the technician but against which activity this will be tracked.

If my technicians are deliverying the parts to customer then where do we track it. 

icon

Best answer by ChristineLaVoi 28 April 2020, 14:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

An RMA is a return material authorization; so the customer or your technician is bringing / shipping an item to your or a 3rd parties Repair Center. An RMA can be a Receive into Repair Center, Ship Only, Repair and Return (same item to the customer) or an Advance Replace where you are sending an item out to the customer before you receive an item back.

If you are in the field and want to return something to the Repair Center for Repair, you would make the part as controlled and then use a part disposition on a line code to generate the RMA and run it through the repair center.

If you are talking basic part management, where you are shipping parts for work to be done at a customer site, I would use a transfer part so you can track when / how it was shipped and when / how it was received. 

I’ve attached 2 PowerPoint slides which walk through the difference of a basic repair flow vs a basic service logistics flow. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks Christine.