Solved

FSM/PSO Object Groups Integration

• 18 October 2021
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Dear Experts,

With the latest FSM6U13 release an enhancement was made so that the object groups defined in FSM are sent to PSO via the integration, eliminating the need to restrict data access using separate datasets.

Could someone please explain how to setup this configuration correctly as many customers and partners have come across sync issues on this.

Thanks,

Minindu

icon

Best answer by Sajith Anushan 18 October 2021, 07:28

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi Minindu,

In Global Codes, there is a table named OBJECT_GROUP. You need to first create the Group IDs there. This will be transferred to PSO System data through initialization.

Then you can connect the object group id in Task screen (under Scheduling tab). Then this will transfer to PSO real time. 

Regards,

Sajith

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi Minindu,

In Global Codes, there is a table named OBJECT_GROUP. You need to first create the Group IDs there. This will be transferred to PSO System data through initialization.

Then you can connect the object group id in Task screen (under Scheduling tab). Then this will transfer to PSO real time. 

Regards,

Sajith

Hi @Sajith Anushan , I can’t see a field for an object group on the scheduling tab of the task screen, can you point to where it is please?

Thanks,

Tom

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

@tomgreenwood Are you looking in UPD18? I too cannot see it in UPD18 but miraculously re-appear in UPD19. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

It should be here like this.

Badge +1

Hi Sajith,

Since this update is added upd13, is it there in upd14 and so on till upd18? Or is it just removed and then added back in upd19?

Thanks,

Uththara

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

Hi @Uththara Kanakaratne , @tomgreenwood , @Sajith Anushan 

Looks like the baseline screens have missed the activity group tab on certain updates. I assume you can add the table pso_objectgroup_activity via UI designer if this is not available.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@tomgreenwood Are you looking in UPD18? I too cannot see it in UPD18 but miraculously re-appear in UPD19. 

I think it is UPD18, I can’t log in at the moment to check

Badge +4

@Sajith Anushan I have configured the Object Group and it is working fine for the Planning section but under Scheduling section, I can still see Resource data/ Activity data for other object groups. Is it expected behaviour? Then how to restrict data under Scheduling tab? Is there any option apart from using filters?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@Sajith Anushan I have configured the Object Group and it is working fine for the Planning section but under Scheduling section, I can still see Resource data/ Activity data for other object groups. Is it expected behaviour? Then how to restrict data under Scheduling tab? Is there any option apart from using filters?

Hi Shamika,

Check which groups your workbench user belongs to, perhaps they are in the groups associated with that data. Also, if data (resource or activity) doesn’t belong to an object group it will be visible to all.

Regards,

Tom