Question

FSM Product Structure

• 13 April 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Hi All,

What is the real purpose of the product structure? We have all our products set up in a structure as suggested initially, but it seems to have no use whatsoever.  Am i missing something?

The only practical purpose i can think of is for tracking parts through the stores/van places etc, but we dont do this. The issue we have is when we want to select a product on a request, the selection form just lists all of the products in one list without the structure applied, but inlcudes all the hierarchy product records which only exist to provide structure, i cant see anywhere in the app where you can ‘browse’ to a product by navigating the structure, all the product structure form seems to do is tell you the parent?  What am i missing?

We now have to add circa 1000 products to around 700 places, so they need to be easily found by the users.  From what i have seen, the best way is just a flat product list with no structure but well defined product_id’s or asset_ids allowing them to be searched and located easily on the product selector without all the structure product records getting in the way

Thoughts?

Thanks

0 replies

Be the first to reply!