Solved

FSM- Perform Definitions

• 30 April 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

There is a screen called Perform Definitions under Studio menu.

What is the use of that screen. Can anyone suggest me. 

Any sample data relating to this will be helpful. 

Thanks in advance.

icon

Best answer by Lee Pinchbeck 30 April 2020, 18:07

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi,

My understanding is this is used in conjunction with the XML_MESSAGE output option for business rules so that you can define the function that you are entering as XML in the business rule.

Business rules are a very powerful element of FSM and are very complex even when not using the XML output option which then allows you to execute pretty much anything you can write in to XML code as a result of the rules being met.

If you are unclear in this area I would strongly recommend you request training specifically on Business Rules as this will be covered within that and will ensure that you come away with a complete view of the area and stand you in good stead to then understand, amend and create business rules within FSM.

To just learn the perform definitions screen and the XML output would probably not be as helpful without the business rule knowledge on which to apply it.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi Lee Pinchbeck,

Thanks for your immediate reply.

I can understand it is connected with Business Rule. Can you please provide a sample document it would be helpful. How we are using and how it is linked to.

Thanks in advance,

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi, 

Due to the complexity and danger in setting XML script against a business rule output I do not believe there is standalone documentation for this. As I said the best route would be to request training in this area. You will then ensure you are getting the best resource to provide the information.

There is documentation for the business rules themselves which can be found by pressing the question mark symbol at the top right in FSM whilst in the business rules screen. This does not go into the XML output side of things though for the reasons above.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck