Question

FSM - Mobile Error log - "Cannot find any transaction associated with the current thread for the requested operation"

• 23 February 2022
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi everyone,

Currently, we encountering an error message on our mobility concerning the update of the latitude and longitude of our “person” card, automatically on mobility.
But, we haven’t created a custom process or rule to fetch this information on back-office.

Have you ever encountered this message and do you know the root cause ? 

This error message appears on all our environments for no reason, without doing anything on mobility..

(Issue on FSM6U10 and FSM6U13 at this time)
Thanks for your help,
Best regard

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @GAUTHIERM,

The error indicates that the transaction that was being used for this process is no longer present. There could be many causes of this.

The one I have seen most often is that there is some form of middleware with a shorter timeout than the FSM components and this timeout is being elapsed before the next response in the transaction comes through.

I would first check any middleware on the mobile to server route and check the logs to see if these are making it through and if not why they are being stopped at that point.

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi Lee Pinchbeck, 

But why there is this transaction if we don’t have any process which is requesting the latitude/longitude of the the technician ? 
Is there a standard process that we will disable ?

Best regards,
Gauthier 

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

Hi @GAUTHIERM,

From a working example we also see this issue when we have an issue with PSO. The message from the mobile device hits FSM and FSM wants to update PSO with the Geo Location of the resource. Although mobile is getting the exception messages, it is a good indication that it’s PSO having the issue.

I think some App Params might control this. Could be worth looking at ‘TRACK_GPS_CHANGES’ and seeing which table you have in there if anything.

Like I say, the issue you describe is what we also experience, but we find its PSO having the issue and not Mobile.

Regards

Ady

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi @GAUTHIERM 

I have experienced and tested the same issue in FSM U12 and U13 as well.

When a location update is received for a person, if the person is a PSO resource, then the location update is sent to the PSO. While sending GPS data to PSO, if a response is not received from the PSO side, a communication timeout occurs, and it exits the thread. Whereas it should not exit the thread.

However, the above issue has been recognized and corrected in FSM 6U14. As per the explanation from PSO RnD team, the correction has been made not through a direct code change, but via a generalized framework enhancement.

Kind Regards,

Aaqil

Userlevel 1
Badge +5

Hi @Aaqil Zackariya , 

We have a PSO environment connected to our FSM environnment but we don’t have any users configured as “PSO resource”.

I noticed in the FSM6U15 release note that there was a ticket titled “Corrected issue with “Cannot find any transaction associated with the current thread for the requested operation” “ (G2294867-B). 

Do you know if this is the same issue I’m describing here ? Or it’s the correction that you mention in FSM6U14 ?

Thanks for you help, 

Best regards,

Gauthier