Question

FSM Mobile Attachment Types

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi there, 

We are currently using FSM6u10. 

We are able to attach files to a Task that are synchronised and appear on the tablet. We have a requirement to attach a pack of files as a ZIP. 

When attaching the ZIP file, the attachment appears on the Mobile FSM App task with a big X.

Is it possible to attach and synchronise ZIPS or other non standard file types to a Task in FSM Mobile and save them on to the device for Unzipping.?

Is this something that is improved on later versions of FSM?

Thank you, 

Angelo

10 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Hi Angelo,

did you check, if the App Param MOBILE_DOWNLOAD_ATTACHMENT_MAX_SIZE is set to a appropriate size and zip-files aren’t excluded on ATTACHMENTS_BLACKLIST?

Best regards

Roman

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi @roklde ,

Thanks for the swift response. ZIP files are not blacklisted, and I have the attachment_max_size

set to: “80000000” which is 80mb right? :-)

Clicking on the symbol of the ZIP attachment which is a X results in no action at all?

Thanks

Angelo 

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Ok, that should be enough. ;) Did you also adjust the ATTACHMENT_MAX_SIZE accordingly?

I’m quite unsure, if zip-files are supported in Mobile - maybe someone else can comment on that?

I can imagine that it requires additional assemblies provided with the FSM Mobile App (or a different App installed on your device for zip-files).

I assume also the X is shown as there is no preview available for such a filetype. However, I would expect that some action happens when clicking. 

Did you also try with a different Mobile Client (iOS, Android, Windows) - is it behaving the same?

Best reagards
Roman

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

If I attach other file types, i.e. Word, Excel or PDF files, these open up fine. 

The Zip file with with the “X” in an Octagon shape does not open. Selecting it from the8 main Attachments screen leads to it being shown within its own attachment screen but selecting it or tapping anywhere on the screen gives no option to open or save the file. 

:-(

Userlevel 7
Badge +24

Hi @AngeloPav,

Another thing to check, what tablets are being used and do they have a zip program installed that can unpack the zip files? If it does is it marked as being the default application to use for the .zip extension?

Kind regards,

Lee Pinchbeck

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Hi there, 

Could I please ask that if an IFS Mobile expert is able to revisit this and comment as to whether or not a ZIP or 7Zips file attached to a Task can be downloaded via FSM6u10?

I originally tried this on FSM6u10 on a Samsung Tab S2 and today also on a more receint Samsung Tab Active3 8,0”  with running Android 12. 

I also download 7Zip as an app on the tablet yet FSM still does not do anything with these files other than show them as an attachment in a Hexagon with a Black X in it. 

Clicking on it has no effect, where other attachment files seems to ask what app to open the attachment with. 

Any guidance or support on this will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks, 

Angelo

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

I suspect the FSM Mobile solutions would require enhancement to support unzipping of files.  I don’t believe the .ZIP extension is a supported file type.

I suggest an Idea for Enhancement be created in the IFS Community if you have not done so already.

Badge +2

HI,

I am also facing the same error on iOS device, is there any to download a ZIP file? I already tried all the possible ways to open a ZIP file in IFS mobile. If any IFS Mobile Expert can comment here or share any document where its is mentioned?

Badge +2

HI,

Currently there is no feature in the codebase to enable opening or downloading the zip file from mobile devices. However, an enhancement request has been raised to address this issue.

https://community.ifs.com/ideas/mobile-app-support-for-zip-file-downloads-and-opening-42788

Badge +2

The supported  file types for mobile devices include: JPG, JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, DOC, DOCX, CSV, XLS, XLSX, PPT, PPTX, TXT, LOG, PDF, MP4, MP3, WAV, HTM, HTML and Unknown