Solved

FSM Business Rule input validation question

• 20 December 2019
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

The business rule input validation   TASK.TASK_ID   EQUAL    some  table and column  in  VALUE_TABLE_NAME and VALUE_COLUMN_NAME field doesn’t work. I am expecting it would verify if the new task_id exists in the VALUE_COLUMN_NAME of VALUE_TABLE_NAME. 

Is it wrong expectation?

icon

Best answer by Rwjgoedhart 31 December 2019, 00:30

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

i hope your expectation is to execute the business rule only when you see that given task id is exist in the different table which has not ant relationship and those values are not entered from the given screen.i think it is not possible.

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

No Isuru, the second table has a relationship with the task table (related with task_id column). This is also defined in the Custom metadata in the refs tab of table TASK.  So the expectation is to execute the business rule if the given task_id exists in the second table. 

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Hi TDCSOURABH,

If I understand you correctly, it should work as intended.  We do this on various validation rules.

The outcome as I understand it:  you want A validation process to trigger when the task.task_id is (or isn’t) a result in your custom View.

some prerequisites: 

• Build the view in Database
  • Create Metadata for the view
  • Create a Relationship (Join) on the Task Metadata for the view. (task.task_id to *View*.task_id)

The Process: (just an example; there are other ways to do it)​​​​​​ 

• Validation  |  Before Insert or Update | All Rules All Value

The Rule Sequence

• Rule Input:
    • Task.task_id
    • <whatever else you want to validate on>
  • Input Parameters
    • Task.Task_ID - Equal - *VIEW*.TASK_ID
      • Values for cust. view go in value Table Name & Value Column Name
    • <whatever else you want to validate on>

the above sample will trigger the validation IF the task_id is present in the view (and all other validations are TRUE) 

If this does not work;  set the Server Log up to monitor Business Rules to find out why you aren’t triggering a “true” when expected.

hope this helps.

Sincerely,

-Rudy

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

Thanks Rudy,

I got it to work.  I was missing the  join relationship on the Task Metadata with the view.