Question

FSM 7: is it going to be an on premise version after FSM 6. If not how the customizations (C# code level) from FSM 6 will be transferred in IFS Cloud?

• 10 February 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

As we are designing the implementation on FSM 6/PSO 6 and a lot of customizations are already identified by now and we need to know that they can be transferred and applied on whichever is the next supported version for field service management without the need to be re-written to different languages. Since we plan to be live on 2023 we need to design the functionalities in a future proof way for the next 10 years.

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi 

I add RnD for the better answer .

@brian.gummin  @Jon Reid 

Thank You
Isuru

Userlevel 5
Badge +14

I think I would need to hear a bit more about the customizations in order to give you a definitive answer.

It would be best to temper your expectations on what will be possible to carry forward here.  The next version of FSM is IFS Cloud, which will have not only a different language, as you have noted, but also a completely different data schema, APIs, application server, etc.  As such, it is highly unlikely that any coded customizations for FSM 6 will be able to be ported directly to IFS Cloud - some uplift for those will be necessary.  But it’s also possible that the need for a customization will just not be there in IFS Cloud and the business need can be met with baseline functionality or configuration.

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Customizations include changes on Mobile client (android native), multiple business rules and events, FSM Connect custom Soap messages and APIs, Client scripts and Custom Scripts and MPM.

So all around :grinning: