Solved

FSM 5.7 - Contract Manager Error

• 15 June 2020
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

When generating the tasks from a contract using PM Contract Manager i get an error in the run log

the error states “There is no row at position -1.”

i re-created the contract and the results are the same. any idea what this is referring to?

icon

Best answer by Mike The FSM TechnoGeek 18 June 2020, 16:04

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +17

I’m inclined to say this is a bug, but I also know that there are some areas where FSM provides users with tremendous latitude in how data is set up.  I would consider engaging IFS Support, especially if you are able to send a copy of your FSM database or get on a GoToMeeting/Webex/Skype call where you can do a screen share session with one of our Support Analysts.  They are going to need detailed steps to reproduce the error in a non-modified IFS test environment written up in your LCS case.

From a technical perspective, the code is expecting there to be records in a dataset as the result of a query, and it does not check if the result returned nothing.  Rather, FSM assumes there will always be records in this dataset.  It could be a code table or any number of things in your data, or an actual bug.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

I’m inclined to say this is a bug, but I also know that there are some areas where FSM provides users with tremendous latitude in how data is set up.  I would consider engaging IFS Support, especially if you are able to send a copy of your FSM database or get on a GoToMeeting/Webex/Skype call where you can do a screen share session with one of our Support Analysts.  They are going to need detailed steps to reproduce the error in a non-modified IFS test environment written up in your LCS case.

From a technical perspective, the code is expecting there to be records in a dataset as the result of a query, and it does not check if the result returned nothing.  Rather, FSM assumes there will always be records in this dataset.  It could be a code table or any number of things in your data, or an actual bug.

Thanks Mike

i dug around those customers and found they were on a status hold that prevents requests from being created. appreciate the feedback